I know everyone has opinions about their favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, so I will not call them THE best, but I will call them our family’s favorites! I have worked to make these perfect for us for a few years now and I am so happy with this recipe! They have soft center, and a little bit of a crisp on the outside! I really think the dark brown sugar makes such a difference in flavor richness. This really happened as an accident when dark brown sugar was all that I had on hand when I was making cookies, and now it’s all I use when I bake them! Same with the mini chocolate chips. I accidentally ordered mini when I did a grocery pickup and now they are my personal fav for cookies! The chocolate ratio is just seems perfect with the minis!
Another thing that I think is essential in making these cookies is to not over mix the dry ingredients with the wet! I like to do this by hand so I don’t over mix and get too much air in my dough! I like the cookies to be flatter and not puffy.
The dough freezes great so you can make this one, large batch and always have cookie dough on hand.
Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ⅔ cup Sugar
- ⅔ cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 sticks Butter (softened)
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 ½ cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Pre-Heat Oven to 350 degrees
- Blend sugar, dark brown sugar, vanilla, and butter with a hand mixer. Mix well.⅔ cup Sugar, 2 sticks Butter (softened), 1 tsp Vanilla, ⅔ cup Dark Brown Sugar
- Add eggs until the consistency is creamy.2 large Eggs
- Add the dry ingredients and mix by hadn't until the flour is just about incorporated. Do not overmix.2 cup Flour, 1 tsp Salt, 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Add chocolate chips and finishing mixing.1 ½ cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Drop tablespoons of dough on a greased cookie sheet.
- Cook for 7 minutes. Take out and tap pan on counter to flatten. Cook additional 4-5 minutes. Let cool on pan for a bit.
I would love to hear if you try this recipe! Leave a comment!