Our family favorite Dutch Baby Recipe! This is a personal favorite of mine to make for my children because I can whip it together and have it baking as I get the baby up or make my morning coffee. It is a simple recipe that every one loves! It is also perfect for those lazy Saturday morning family breakfast with a side of bacon or sausage.
If you have chickens, this is great way to use up your eggs! I have modified this version to make a large pan for my family of 6 but you can half the recipe for a smaller portion. Make sure to use a smaller skillet if you half it.
Homemade Dutch Baby
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Serve with Maple Syrup
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Put the butter in a oven-proof skillet. Add to oven to melt butter while you mix ingredients.This recipe makes a large dutch baby, so I like to use a 16 inch skillet.
- In a large bowl, combine milk, flour, vanilla, and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs and whisk well.
- Remove hot skillet with melted butter from oven, add mixture to the skillet and pop back into the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Remove hot pan and cute into wedges to serve. Top with powdered sugar or berries with your favorite syrup.
PIN IT FOR LATER…