Spring is upon us! Finally! I love welcoming the warm of spring after a long winter. The buds on the trees start to pop out and the kids and I go searching for the first daffodils of the season. We start eating our meals outside and going barefoot. The search for the first tadpoles begins, and we also start our garden! The first sighting of the first spring Robin is so exciting. Viewing the changing of the season through the eyes of my children has really brought so much joy to me as a mother. It is just a special time of year!
“For everything there is a season, A time for every activity under heaven.” -Ecclesiastes 3:1
Picture Books to Welcome Spring
We are big fans of picture books in our home. My children are younger, so we are still in that season of lap cuddles and flipping through piles of books. I love having our seasonal favorites out on display in our homeschool room so that we have them handy to grab and read. I swapped out the winter books for spring books, so I thought I would share a few of our favorites with you!
12 Picture Books to Welcome Spring
- Seeds and More Seeds | I love Millicent Selsam! Her books are the epitome of a living picture books for children. This book captures a boy’s journey to understand seeds.
- Brambly Hedge Spring Story | The Brambly Hedge series written by Jill Barklem is just beautiful! The stories are sweet and imaginative, and the illustrations are dreamy. There is a book to complement every season.
- Little Peter Cottontail | Vintage Thornton Burgess. Enough said! But for real. This is such a special book add perfect for the season.
- The Tale of Peter Rabbit | This classic by Beatrix Potter is a must year round.
- The Tale of Jemima Puddle-Duck | Another perfect book by Ms. Potter. This one is about a Puddle-Duck that is trying to fin the perfect place to lay her eggs. Perfect for spring.
- From Seed to Plant | Gail Gibbons is another favorite of mine when it comes to a living picture book. The illustrations draw you in but it is also a delight to read. All of her books are great additions for early science.
- Rechenka’s Eggs | I have had this book for years. Patricia Polacco is a favorite in our home. This books follows the journey of a Babushka and a wounded goose.
- Miss Rumphius | A beautiful book and story by Barbara Cooney. Such a sweet spring book!
- A Tree is Growing | Such a beautifully illustrated book that follows a tree as it prepares for spring.
- Prairie Day | This is a Little House Picture Book about Laura Ingalls Wilder and her family’s journey to live on the prairie.
- The Storm Book | Spring brings lots of rainstorm and this book portrays a little boy’s experience with a spring storm.
- Thunder Cake | Another Patricia Polacco and another storm book! This one is perfect for kids who may be scared by storms.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Pin for later…