It truly is the thought that counts when it comes to Christmas gifting! I love making gifts for my family and friends, but I also want to make items that are not only beautiful but also useful. Whether you’re looking for consumable or handcrafted gifts, here are 25 Handmade Christmas Gift Ideas!
I have made most all of these over the years and included photos from my projects! The only exception is the homemade vanilla extract, and I am adding it to my list next year!
Does making handmade Christmas gifts have to be time-consuming?
Not at all! Most of these products can be made in less than a week, even some may only take a day or two! I really think you can make any of these really simple or as complex as you like. The exceptions to this are getting your plant clippings cut and in water a week or two before you need them, and also getting your vanilla extract put together early so it can be infusing.
Is making handmade gifts expensive?
It’s only as expensive as you make it! I like to use scrap wood, thrifted shirts for fabric, fabric scraps from other projects, foraged florals or fruit for jams. I think it’s great to use your items responsibly instead of going out and buying all new materials. A lot of times, that’s how I come up with what I am going to make. I see what I have to use and go from there! The creativity just starts flowing!
25 Handmade Christmas Gift Ideas
- Homemade Apple Butter in a cute jar
- Propagated Pothos Plant
- Handmade Quilted Potholders
- Hymnal Paper Ornaments
- Flower Press
- DIY Pie Box
- Handmade Stuffed Animal Toy
- Homemade Jelly or Jams
- Handmade Wooden Stacker / Sorter. You can make this as simple or complex as you want. We used natural wood for part of ours, pictured below.
- DIY Clay Ornaments. This is my favorite air dry clay!
- Homemade Seasoning Blends using Dried Herbs. Would be adorable in these jars to gift!
- Handmade Fabric Coffee Sleeves
- Personalized Embroidery Hoops
- DIY Paper Wreath
- Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix
- Personalized Recipe Cards
- Homemade Beeswax Candles
- Embroidered Tea Towel
- Handmade Fabric Coasters
- Knit a simple dishcloth
- Embroidered Hoop Christmas Ornament. These 4 inch hoops work perfect! I like o wrap the hoop with fabric to make it extra festive!
- Naturally Dyed Tea Towels using Avocados. These flour sack tea towels work perfect!
- Homemade Vanilla Extract
- Dried Floral “Forever” Bouquets: I like to use locally foraged florals.
- Quilted Throw Pillows
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you.